<s Error?

levi2613

Standard disclaimer: I am *very* new to php.... Please be kind to my stupidity....

So I've made this whole little website thing that usually works pretty well. In order to economize code, I made a small php function that spits out the header based on where you are. One person has reported that sometimes, instead of the page loading like normal, they get the background image and a text "<s" at the top. He sent me the screenshot, and sure enough, that's all that comes up. I imagine the problem is with the .inc header file because the CSS stylesheet brings up the background image OK, but *none* of the header or the code from the page itself gets written.

It is an .htaccess protected site if that makes a difference.... The header file is below.

[code]
<?php

function print_header($location) {

$at_home = "";
     $at_schedule = "";
     $at_calendar = "";
     $at_forum = "";
     switch ($location) {
        case 'home':
           $at_home = "onclick=\"return false;\" style=\"color:#269;text-decoration:none\"";
           break;
        case 'schedule':
           $at_schedule = "onclick=\"return false;\" style=\"color:#269;text-decoration:none\"";
           break;
        case 'calendar':
           $at_calendar = "onclick=\"return false;\" style=\"color:#269;text-decoration:none\"";
           break;
        case 'forum':
           $at_forum = "onclick=\"return false;\" style=\"color:#269;text-decoration:none\"";
           break;
        default:
           break;          
     }

echo "<!--          -->
           <!--  HEADER  -->
           <!--          -->\n\n";

echo "<div id=\"sitetitle\">
           <a href=\"../\"><h1>Welcome</h1></a>
           </div>\n\n";

echo "<!--                  -->
           <!--  NAVIGATION BAR  -->
           <!--                  -->\n\n";

echo "<div id=\"menu\">
           <a href=\"index.html\" $at_home>home</a>
           <a href=\"schedule/\" $at_schedule>schedule</a>
           <a href=\"calendar/\" $at_calendar>calendar</a>
           <a href=\"phpBB2/login.auto.php\" $at_forum>forum</a>
           </div>\n\n";
  }
?>
[/code]

Thanks for any help...

Could it be the default case? You don't set anything in that situation. If not can you give us some more information? What is the user looking, case wise, and what is supposed to display? As I understand you the entire site isn't displaying and only the CSS background + the text <s .

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.