Aside from PHP what else do you want to master?

ok

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From starting on the university to hopefully finally getting a PhD this will take a minimum of eight years. By that time I will have been in school for a total of 21 years (minimum)...

Geeze.. I would hate to see the total amount in student loans for all of that! ;) (granted, getting good paying, stable job more than makes up for it in the end)

From starting on the university to hopefully finally getting a PhD this will take a minimum of eight years. By that time I will have been in school for a total of 21 years (minimum)...

Geeze.. I would hate to see the total amount in student loans for all of that! ;) (granted, getting good paying, stable job more than makes up for it in the end)

Education is free in Denmark. When you're an adult you even get money from the government. It's not much though, up to about $850/month. PhD students are, as far as I know, also employed by the university so they get paid as well. With a job alongside the studies it's entirely possible to complete an education without any student loans. Besides, I'm not really what you could call a "heavy spender".

Also, CV was correct, the 21 years is all kinds of schools I've went to from when I started when I was about 6 years old.

Education is free in Denmark. When you're an adult you even get money from the government. It's not much though, up to about $850/month.

Talk about differences... My first (full time) job paid as much... and it was well paid job for a guy like me. There were experienced engineers in my company that earned a lot less.

I used to pay 270$ a month for rented room. One month ticket for commuting service is 35$. And when I check labels on clothes, prices in Euro are actually lower than in local currency (can't pay in Euro though).

Indeed and a lot of people move from Eastern European countries to work in Denmark. We do pay high taxes though and that's what is funding "SU" (Statens Uddannelsesstøtte, meaning "The Government's Educational Support" which is what I talked about earlier), free treatment at hospitals, visits to doctors, etc. The more you earn the higher you're taxed as well.

Denmark has double taxation agreement with Denmark, so I suppose that when played smart, It could be profitable actually. The lowest PIT rate in Poland is 18% (as of 2009), and the highest (and also the only other) is 32%. I see that in Denmark it can be as high as 62%... although I can't really understand now how the rates are calculated. I'll need to read more about it if I want to move there ;) Also there's something that's called '25% gross tax' but that's for really highly paid employees... And I thought our tax system was complicated... (well...it is, but in a different manner)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.