NO PM'S '08

Imad

Many forums I visit for open source projects have support staff who complain about receiving support pm's when they tell the users not too. So I thought I'd make a little joke site looking like Obama's site (because I liked the site style), and created the NO PM'S '08 website. Users basically pledge not to send support pm's. :P

Check it out and let me know what you guys think:

http://avidboard.com

It looks ok but doesn't serve much purpose.  A full page to click a button and then what?

I agree with jcombs.  Don't get me wrong, it's a cool idea and the site looks good but this doesn't deserve a critique.  Let's get real it's only 1 page and 1 button...

That about covers it for me.

The name makes no sense in relation to the content.  (The URL.)

Looks decent I guess.  The shadow/border is too small, and the bottom isn't the same size.

"51 Persons Pledged.

That's technically correct, I guess, but I would expect to see "People" there.

The minus sign doesn't make much sense, especially at the top as the first thing one sees.

PAID BY FORUM STAFF WITH FULL INBOXES

Looks weird in Chrome (can screen shot if you need me to).

The minus sign is basically the logo. It's like a stop sign. Stop pm's? ;)

The footer isn't suppose to be the same size, it was designed to be a few pixels off, but I can expand it if it's bothering.

The site idea came to me mainly because of MyBB's support staff and the users pm'ing them. The main MyBB website uses a CMS system called Avidcore, that the software manager developed. Since it was much geared toward MyBB, I decided to call it Avidboard, in relation to Avidcore.

-------------------

Can you post a screenshot if possible?

Ok, so if I rephrase it, if the problem exists, then there must be better ways of solving the problem.

Secondly, if the problem exists, what is your website doing other than incrementing a value in a database. I mean, how does this stop me from going on there and posting PMs to the admins?

ILMV

I mean, how does this stop me from going on there and posting PMs to the admins?

It doesn't stop you, it's a pledge.  Just like any other pledge, you can still do what you pledged not to or vice versa.  If they really didn't want members sending PM's to admins they could easily stop it...

But I do agree with you, this is something so trivial, no one really cares about (maybe the admins).  I even forgot I pledged.  :P

Ok, so if I rephrase it, if the problem exists, then there must be better ways of solving the problem.

Secondly, if the problem exists, what is your website doing other than incrementing a value in a database. I mean, how does this stop me from going on there and posting PMs to the admins?

ILMV

It doesn't. You guys are obviously missing the point. The entire site is a joke. Some staff kept complaining about it, so I decided to joke about it. Hence, the site. I'll give the site some more purpose, I'll add a comment software to it for people to discuss things. Discuss what? I have no idea. :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.