Help With A Chatroom

baz_uk

Sorry for posting this in the wrong place before. Hope this is the right section...

Hi I'm trying to make a chatroom using pjirc, unrealircd and invisionboard. It works fine but I want to tweak it slightly. It can pull member names from the forums so I wondered if it was possible to retrieve other information such as asl and profiles from them.

I wish to use something like this...

if ($age == '--' && $sex == '--' && $location == '--') $asl = $altasl;
else $asl = $age.'/'.$sex.'/'.$location;

And define the variables to link to the invisionboard, but I haven't been able to without receiving parse errors. Also then define the parameter as...

<param name="name" value="$asl">

Furthermore...

<param name="pixx:configurepopup" value="true">
<param name="pixx:popupmenustring1" value="View Profile">
<param name="pixx:popupmenucommand1_1" value='/url "forums/index.php?showuser={$ibforums->member['id']}"'>

Creates a pop-up box for profiles in the java applet but it only links to my profile. I've just started to learn php so please help.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.