PHP MYSQL forum site with 2000 users online??? please help.

auro

Hi everyone!

Currently I have a forum site based on php/mysql on a dedicated server. It is working worthless at present. Can you please tell me what I equipment would i need to be able to host more than 2000 concurrent users online on my site?

I will be indebted to the person who helps...

Thanks for replying corbin.

Currently my site gets nearly 200-300 users online but works most of the time worthless. I have optimised the code to work very efficiently.

Each of my pages execute nearly 10-20 queries. (I have tried to optimise the page as much I could)

The current database is

2.0 ghz CPU

1.0 ghz RAM

100 mbps Uplink connection

The average load is between 5-10%

I've yet to find a piece of OSS forum Software that can handle that many users online at once.

A heavily cache-based one might work, but then you get post-update delays. I don't know of any that are heavily cache based.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.