Looking for testing and development help on an application

bobbfwed

(I don't know if this is the right place to put this request -- please move it if it is not)

I have been working on a PHP/mySQL project that allows users to view lists of files and directories anywhere on a computer (where the script is installed). It also makes files available for editing, deleting, creating and other actions. There is a login system with admins, moderators, and other users. Each user can have a unique set of available tasks within the system. Users may have access to view a file, but not edit it.

I have re-written the application from the ground up for version 2.0 and it is now in post-alpha stage and am looking for a few testers to try it out and give feedback on the new feel of the system. Try to break things and give me ways to reproduce it. See what features would be desirable in such a product, maybe give ideas for execution.

Also a couple developers/designers who can add a nice touch to the project. I am good at application/back-end but by front-end is always simple and straight forward using HTML and minimal JS. Some help to possibly do some CSS and interface work on the toolbox and admin tools or add context-sensitive menus to the main pages would be great.

I am hoping for a few people that can hang with multiple changes over the next week or two (it shouldn't take longer than that before it is available for release).

visit http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/filemanage/ for more information. A SourceForge.net user would be a big plus! On that site version 1.0 is available, but it is old. Only download it if you want to compare the new version to the old one, maybe to see some of the features I have left out, see if they are worth putting back in.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.