check if a web link exists before it is added the mysql

jasonc

not sure where that error can from but i dont get it now.

to put you in the picture...

i use the include method to bring the page together.

i thought i'd create a new test by adding the testAjax file inside my admin and creating a dummy menu item for this page so now the page is viewed via www.site.com?menuitem=test

but now the code does not work.  i have placed the file checkurl.php in both the root and the admin folder.

the javascript file is in the index.php file using the <script ..  method to include it, and must be included as i get the popup box from the alert command i placed in the code.

i have also checked the logs on the server and this is what i found...

'checkurl.php' not found or unable to stat,

hi  just wondered if you know if a variable in one javascript .js file would mess up the same named variable in another .js file both loaded in the same index.php file ?

this is the only thing i can think of that may have caused the script to fail.

the code work as far as the last line which i added to show a pop up alert box, but thats it.

the span div should show if the url is ok to continue or if it exists.

i have set up a test login if you could check it out to see if you can spot anythiung i have missed or not said.

would you be able to help?  if so i'll send you a private message with details

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.