Another unknown error MSG

korrupt_23

Well, I can\'t figure out another error message that\'s been popping up all over:

Warning: main(): stream does not support seeking in /home/sticksla/public_html/ss/index.php on line 54

Does anyone have any clue what that means? I\'ve checked the pages, and it\'s not even any PHP markup where it says the error is.

You can see the error in action by going to http://www.stickslaughter.com

Thanks in advanced. :?:

Please excuse the double post again, but...

It\'s weird because I\'ve been playing with the formating of the include, and on one of the includes, it fixed it.

I changed

<? include \'vars.php\'; ?>

to

<? include (\'vars.php\'); ?>

And the seeking error disapeared. I\'ve never had this error before. What\'s the difference between remote files and relative ones? :?

Well, just to justify what the problem was..

Since there has been a new version of PHP released lately, hosts have been installing them as soon as they get it, which changes the way you include. Now most includes have changed to

<? @include("file.php") ?>

You have to add in that @ to get rid of the seeking error and all.

Just if anyone really cared. :shock:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.