Time Diff In Minutes

sun14php

i am using two time colums to store 2 time values using currtime() mysql function.
now i want to store the diff. between above two time filed into [b]minutes[/b] in a another field like

PASTTIME NOWTIMKE DIFFRENCE
05:10:00 05:20:00 10

how can i achive above result
guide me please.

[!--quoteo(post=389233:date=Jun 29 2006, 08:47 AM:name=sun14php)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(sun14php @ Jun 29 2006, 08:47 AM) [snapback]389233[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
i am using two time colums to store 2 time values using currtime() mysql function.
now i want to store the diff. between above two time filed into [b]minutes[/b] in a another field like

PASTTIME NOWTIMKE DIFFRENCE
05:10:00 05:20:00 10
how can i achive above result
guide me please.
[/quote]

i would run something like this:
[!--sql--][div class=\'sqltop\']SQL[/div][div class=\'sqlmain\'][!--sql1--][span style=\'color:blue;font-weight:bold\']UPDATE[/span] tableName SET diffrence [color=orange]=[/color] MINUTE(TIMEDIFF(PASTTIME, NOWTIMKE)); [!--sql2--][/div][!--sql3--]

obviously, this will set ALL your rows, so you could add a WHERE clause that would update only one row of your choice.

also, keep in mind that the mysql function MINUTE() will only return an int between 0 and 59, so if you are ever going to have a difference of more than an hour, you may want to rethink how you handle them.

you can explode the time into hours/min/sec like this

$time1 = '05:10:00';
$time2 = '05:20:00';

$starttime = explode(':', $time1);
$endtime = explode(':', $time2);

$difference = ($endtime[0] - $starttime[0]) * 60 + ($endtime[1] - $starttime[1]);

echo $difference;

Did you consider the case that the result maybe wrong if the 2 time was taken more than 24 hours apart?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.