Can I Save A Form In Csv Format

kenwvs

I have designed a html form and want people to be able to complete it and then save it locally on their computer in a csv file format.

It is a form that they can complete and then upload multiple items to my auction site, but it requires the data to be in csv format.

When configuring the "button", I labelled it as a normal button, but it won't let me stipulate that it saves to a local computer.

I thought this would work, but am not sure how to configure the save button to do this, or if I need to do something a little different.

the form can be located at [a href=\"http://www.forsale4u.ca/uploadform.html\" target=\"_blank\"]upload form[/a]   but I am not sure this will help.
I hope this makes sense.

I am not sure if what I am wanting to do is even remotely possible, let alone possible for someone not really sure what he is doing.

I have designed a form that allows people to list multiple items on an auction site at once.  The file has to be saved in csv format.  This is strictly for appearance sake, as they could just complete the form in excel or an editor if nothing else.  I would like to be able to have them download the form, complete it and then save it locally on their computer in csv format, and then they would upload the csv file to the auction site.

Any help out there?

Ken

Ken

You can do it in PHP. Store it in a database and then fetch it from the database, echoing it out separated by commas, and make sure you have this at the top:

[code]<?php header("content-type: text/csv"); ?>[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.