SitePearl Networks

Gighalen

A web hosting company I made...

www.sitepearl.com

Feedback would be appreciated.

It's not '100%' yet, as I am still fine-tuning a few aspects of it, but the main content is up and running.

And FYI, it DOES work, so if you need some web space, feel free to sign up lol.

-24/7 support

-Free scripts (eCarts, forums, etc)

-Plans starting at $7.95..

-30 day money back guarantee.

-FREE domain (on Advanced + Pro package).

www.sitepearl.com

Your 30 day money back image looks crap. Why is it a JPG? Surely you could've made it a PNG to preserve the transparency. I would re-make that if I were you.

Its nice though. Quite dark, usually hosting sites are the opposite. The banner is a bit boring for a hosting website.

Making your site validate should be a priority as well.

Oh man, I forgot all about validating! lol.

And yeah, I was going to go back and remake the 30 day guarantee logo... The original was a white background from a free template I got somewhere.. I just cropped it in photoshop in about 30 seconds because I was anxious to get everything up and running.

Thanks for the feedback :P

(viewing in FF3)

-When you click on support the left nav needs to be moved the the right a little to fit in the container.

-Very low disk space offers...

Other than what was mentioned before, I like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Eeeek.

Haha. How embarassing!

No, it's allowed. I'm leasing a server from a higher-up hosting provider to provide my hosting services, if that makes any sense.

I lost my credit card that I was paying for my services for about 2 weeks ago and suspended the card, and when my host tried to collect my fees for this month, it was declinded, thus suspending my resellers account :P

But I added a new card, and support system, so everything is good  now. More feedbackz please :)

Nice look, maybe a little too dark though. Few bad points I found:

- On the hosting page the dark blue and white contrast is a little awkward on the eyes..

- On the contact page, you can't submit the form without JavaScript..

- Getting a PHP include error on the "our mission" and "more facts" pages..

- On the "terms of service" page just over half way down there's a list of domains that alternates between blue and white, but the white has white text so you can't see them..

- Also when I try to sign up without JavaScript i get directed to some error page you've made.. http://www.sitepearl.com/billing/signup.php?noscript=1 .. I'd seriously consider changing that!!

Overall not bad, needs work though!

Adam

Javascript is used to validate whether or not a use has filled out certain fields without having to reload the page after validating with PHP.

As far as the other stuff, the pages exist on my localhost server, I guess I forgot to upload them. I'll do that tonight after I get home from school.

And I have no idea how the table colors turned out that way on the TOS page. I'll change that tonight too.

Thanks!

No I'm saying with JavaScript disabled, the form will not submit! You're using the 'onclick' event on your submit image to..

onClick="CheckContacts();"

You can easily get around this by using an <input type="image" ...> and then on the form tag have: <form onsubmit="CheckContacts();" ...>

Adam

It seems a little too dark in my opinion.  I don't like the navigation above the logo. You have some serious spacing/alignment problems with your grid. I think you can use some more padding in certain areas, looks a little cramped. I don't like how the support and signup buttons takes you to another page.  It's not bad but it can use some work.

The header came from a template.

Everything else is my own making.

I'm currently in the process of revamping the entire site from the ground up using a blue/white scheme.

and MrAdam, I do know what you're saying, but on the signup form, 'Domain Username' is not a required field, because if a client leaves this field blank then a username/password will be generated for them.

So if I changed it to the way you suggested, a user could accidently press enter while typing in their info before getting to the username field, so they could end up with a username like sitelorg instead of Bob.

some of the text is smooched on firefox on 1980*1050 screen and your site uses  2 Microsoft fonts that all windows/macs have so why dont you throw in a linux font also(that might be why text if funny looking on my in some spots but put something other than helvetica use something like monoscape (most Linux/Unix systems have that one).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.