PhpInfo() does not see MySql

randyvogl

So I just wanted to start by saying that I have read everything I can find on this issue on this forum and several others, so please read through this. I really need your help.

I have installed PHP5 and Mysql on IIS 6.0, php is working great no issues there. MySQL by its self is also working well via MySQL Administrator, but the two are not connecting. if I run phpinfo() it does not show MySQL

I have:

Verified that environmental path for MySQL is set to C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin;

Verified that php.ini is being read correctly (it is located in C:\windows)

verified that php ext is set to the location of php_mysql.dll and php_mysqli.dll and confirmed both files are there. (C:\PHP\ext)

Confirmed that libmysql.dll is located in C:\PHP, I also placed in C:\windows and C:\windows\system32\ (I am trying anything at this point)

confirmed environment path C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin;

removed ";" from extension=php_mysql.dll

removed ";" from extension=php_mysqli.dll

confirmed that

gave iusr read and execute permissions to the ext directory (don't think this has to be done but I am desperate)

Restarted IIS after php.ini changes via cmd iisreset

Tested MySQL connection via code below and got results listed below

<?php

ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

error_reporting(E_ALL);

mysql_connect();

?>

returns:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test.php on line 4

MySQL installation directory is C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0

Default port 3306

MySQL service is running as well under services.msc

I can't think of anything else that I have tried so far. If you have any insight that would be awesome. Thanks ahead of time and just in case it is important this is a isapi installation of php

k, so I got this fixed and I don't know how it happened but the ext directory had the "everyone" profile did not have read & execute permissions after I figured this out it instantly fixed the issue. Thanks for everyone's help and hopefully no one else does any this dumb. That drove me crazy, this was day two trying to solve this issue.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.