[SOLVED] website not going anywhere

thewooleymammoth

My website just isnt getting the kind of traffic i thought it would, only 500 unique hits a day. I was thinking that since i created the site, its quite possible im blind to some of its flaws, so im hoping you guys can help me out by telling me what turns you off about the website, (eg: not clear enough what the website does, dont like the actuall style ect...) do you think it would help if i created a user uploaded image section?

thanks

I noticed in your code that you lack a title tag in the head section. I would seriously look into SEO options to help get you more noticed. The more ways you can get yourself noticed in search engines, the better. A good book I recommend on the subject is this one.

Cheers,

NRG

there is a title in the head section?

<html>
<head>
<title>Fatal Injury .org</title>

<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='style.css' media='screen' />
<META name='keywords' content='images, fatalinjury, images, humor, wallpaper, comics, online, view, motivational, posters, funny, picturs, girls, hot, bikini, celebrity, textures, movies, posters, php, random, bored, 4chan, somethingaweful, ebaumsworld, killsometime, kill,
time, extra, animals, space, anime, baby, baby names, names, backgrounds, cars, carmen electra, cats, cat, computers, computer, programming, anonymous, crack, death, desktop, death penalty, divx, dog, drugs, dsl, dvd, football, free, themes, funny pictures, icons, japan, las vegas, lord of the rings, matrix, RPG, white, pokemon, world war 3, college, student, hobby, laugh, '>

</head>

do you not see in the code?

It's just a site with funny pictures -- I don't think your going to ever get a ton of traffic, since there are thousands of other funny picture sites on the net.

Maybe you'd do better with a funny tshirt site. Granted, there are thousands of those too, but off a tshirt site you might be able to get money out of some of the 500 visitors you get, and could then use that money to buy ads to get more visitors -- or offer affiliate programs, or incentives for people to give you their tshirt ideas.

It's just a site with funny pictures -- I don't think your going to ever get a ton of traffic, since there are thousands of other funny picture sites on the net.

i agree with this completely....

You either gotta create something new(and make it work properly as well), or make some already popular a wholeeee lot better...

Look at youtube, facebook, myspace, google....

Youtube- first good video site

myspace - first social network

faceobok- improved the social aspect of social networks

google - the first comprehensive search engine

and now look at all the copycats of these sites.... they are not nearly as popular.

Yeah I dont know if your going to get traffic on this website. I dont want this comment to upset you but I dont really find

anything interesting on that website. There just pictures on the website thats all. Spice it up more, try to turn it more into

a social network where people can post images and can interact with each other. Also include comment system so people

can post comments on the pictures.

Good luck!!!

Youtube- first good video site

myspace - first social network

faceobok- improved the social aspect of social networks

google - the first comprehensive search engine

and now look at all the copycats of these sites.... they are not nearly as popular.

Want to see a site copying off google?

www.Linkz.com

They don't have any of the features that google does (yet?) but do a search. There search page is eerily similar to googles and they have the 2 column layout just like google with the ads there and all. I thought it was a bit cheap of them. Cant they think of anything original? Its not like google is flashy to begin with

..jeez..

not to mention, the word "fatal" implies death. not many people want to look at death.

rather or not that material is on your site doesn't matter.... what matters is thats they first thing i think of when i head fatal ingurys

the name for the site, while it may be morbid and gloomy, was ment to express the random and wierdness of the site, as you cannot have a fatal injury, because if an injury is fatal its no longer an injury its a wound, and i have been thinking of changing the name for a while, but i dont want to lose the traffic i have, also great suggestion on the comment system, its in the works but its not up to my expectations as far as security and spamming. Any ideas about changing the site name as far as keeping a maximum amount of traffic? because as someone near the beginning had said, 500 unique hits isnt a lot but its not something i want to lose

Nothing to do with what you are asking, but I was wondering why you have this line

<div id='ad'><script type='text/javascript' src='http://jserve.performancingads.com/js/perfads.js?r=6415'></script></div>

BETWEEN the </head> and <body> tags and not just put the script part within the head?

Have you done any promoting of your site?  How is your google ranking?  Sites just don't get popular by themselves unless its totally unique and fills a niche.

Yeah I dont know if your going to get traffic on this website. I dont want this comment to upset you but I dont really find

anything interesting on that website. There just pictures on the website thats all. Spice it up more, try to turn it more into

a social network where people can post images and can interact with each other. Also include comment system so people

can post comments on the pictures.

Good luck!!!

went ahead and uploaded the comment system, please let me know what you think

Your site just isn't optimized for search engines...

For example...

http://www.fatalinjury.org/list.php?dir=nature

Not search engine friendly at all .. Try giving the images meaningful names and preferably a short description. They'll be more likely to end up on google and other image search engines - which will boost traffic a hell of a lot!

Adam

It may be good to not name them because then its like picking a random pic, the user won't know what they are getting :D but on teh downside if they wanna show a friend a pick of that then they probably won't remember which number it is

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.