Method(s) to Simulate 'Live' Website Loading Time/Bandwidth Throttling

NeoMarine

I am running Windows XP + IIS 5.1 ~ I am unable to find any methods to 'simulate' any website I load on localhost, to be as if I was 'downloading' the site from a web server elsewhere. I'd really like to be able to see images load, the page load time, etc. just as if it was 'live' on my web host - but from my localhost IIS server.

I am using PHP - perhaps you know of a solution that is either: IIS based, Isapi (I don't think I'm running Apache), PHP, Javascript/AJAX.

Thank you.

I want to slow it down, but as you know, localhost instantly loads images, etc. on the localhost.

What I'd like is for it to load as if it was on a server elsewhere, this way I can have my offline website and test its loading speeds/functionality, without affecting the live site.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.