[SOLVED] More Inviting Look?

DarkPrince2005

Looks like the best version yet.

I think the only things I would do differently is instead of using black bullet points, I would either make them match the colour of the tex, or even better yet, use a small attractive image as your bullets... and there doesn't seem to be a footer. Perhaps some copyright notice or something?

Looking nicer for sure!

I'd make the background lighter- maybe even a very faint grey going on white? If you could get the corners to be proper round that would improve it aswell! The header font is ugly and like nrg_alpha says, I'd get a footer in there!

Was about to say excellent job turning it around until I clicked on to the contact / FAQ pages and saw a very ugly scroll bar!! Then went on to see it was coded in tables! I'd reccommend not worrying about centering it vertically and making the height adjustable for those pages!!

Adam

I'm lazy too.

generally nice. Nothing wrong with a dark site.

Never use times new roman. Use headers, preferably in <H1> tags. Add some frames around content and some nice shiny graphics wouldn't go a miss. You could use some interactivity even if it is a mouseover image for the tabs. There is a lack of contrast in the contant section. You should be able to easily separate foreground and background and there is too much that is not quite in or out of focus if that makes sense.

I do really like the wavy top bit though.

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

html>/**/body #expand {
position:fixed;
top:0;
left:0;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
}
html>/**/body #expand .middle {
display:table;
margin: 0 auto;
}
html>/**/body #expand .inner {
vertical-align:middle;
display:table-cell;
}

/* Only IE7 */
*:first-child+html #expand {
position: fixed;
top: 0;
left: 0;
width: 100%;
}
*:first-child+html #expand .middle {
position:absolute;
top:50%;
left: 50%;
}
*:first-child+html #expand .inner {
position:relative;
top:-50%;
left:-50%;
}
*:first-child+html #expand .main {
margin: -3px 0 0 0;
}

<div id="expand">
    <div class="middle"><div class="inner">
        Content to vertically center.
</div></div></div>

You owe me big. This took me 3 days to fix and polish into a working code example.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.