RSS feed info

techker

Hey guys  i have a quick question concerning what is RSS

i have my budy that has a members only promotion section on his site.now if it's what i think it is(RSS)it can send information to rss feed about anything(promotions) the client justs need too subscribe to it or download a widget..

is that write?or is this public meaning that it will broadcast to all ...

and if it's what i think were do i start with this..lol

true but imo members only rss seems to defeat the purpose kinda

rss is meant for content sharing and ease of finding content from rss readers.

plus if the guid  is in a members section then the rss is viewable but content itself isnt..

kinda like suidecidegirls.com they have an image rss that tells about sets but clicking from it the content is still members only..

hmm..it is true that the members can share the rss links but just like there username and password of there account.but anywyas other people can't take advantage of there promotions.

si it is interesting cause he can even broadcast if h eis closed or holidays..

how do i get this set up?i have googled rss feed tutorials but i get about 50 pages of sites..

i juste need a script that he can write the news and the scirpt that the clients use and a widget??

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.