What is your first impression? (about this site)

npsari

Well, you said to speak the truth, so I will.  I think it's horrendous.  There's no clear flow, structure, or anything else that a decent page should have.  It's just little text blocks all over the place.  My eyes hurt a bit from them jumping around trying to find a focal point to start from.  There is WAYYY too much going on.  And the 2nd blob of links you have on the bottom is just as bad as on the top.

And I'm not trying to be offensive, so don't take it personally.

Bleh.

Too much different colors. Your links are the default ugly blue color. Looks really unprofessional.

Can someone tell me, what is the correct way to say this?

"Zortin is a general place to create codes for free."

I notice a hell of a lot of people say, "here is my codes" or "what is the codes".

Wtf is with the 's'? It makes it sound ridiculous. Personally I don't think it needs to be plural and I've never said it as a plural. Makes no sense.

But back on track. Your website is, really, very poorly constructed. You have the entire width of the document yet you make your text only go about a 3rd of the way across. You also use no full stops... Oh wait, yes you did. But you don't seem to be using them at the end of sentences.

Overall, it's pretty bad. Sorry, but that's the truth.

wow guys, i didnt realize the site was so bad

Perhaps i need to apply some styles, like make it 3d

And reduce the colors

I just thought to make the site unique

Thanks for your honest opinions, at least you got it out of your chests

What you need is structure, my honest opinion is I lost all interest in this site as soon as Firefox rendered it.

There is no point in even thinking about the colour you are going to use for the underline of a link, until you have figured out the basics, and at the moment you need to define exactly what goes where.

ILMV

I noticed that this site (as well as the site link under your avatar) tends to contain a sever degree of 'linkitis'. Take two re-structuring pills and call your binary doctor in the morning ;)

Less is often more. If your site was compared to a room, and links as files, this room would have files scattered wildly about all over the floor (no filing cabinet).

I would consider a nice CSS dropdown menu which is logically categorized and stuff those links into it. As others have mentioned, think about structure, lining things up. Think about simplifying the chaos that my eyes hate me right now for what I'm putting them through.

As with the others, I don't mean to be cruel.. but I would have a look at some good templates, see what kind of structure they are using.. then emulate one of those that catch your fancy. Clutter is never a good thing. I am going to assume that you want everything out in the open so that an user has instant access to it? The basic rule (from what I have read) is that no more than 2-3 clicks to access any area on a website. So it is ok to 'bury' some links in a sub section to make things nice and neat and organized (I just wouldn't start going into too many sub-levels).

Hope that helps out.

This site looks awful.  Just a bunch of links, if I got there through a search engine I would leave right way.  The only thing I could say looks good is the Z logo, and the top navigation.

Ohh, i have changed it now, thats why you like the top navigation, lol

You should have seen it before

Anyway, here is how my site has evolved

Have a peak

http://www.yavrim.com/blogs/show/?blog=15

MUCH better npsari! Now things look organized. Good stuff!

Now the eye can scan related groups and not dart around. Big step forward! :)

Thanks  much

Yes, i know it has changed much

I did a huge step, lol

I will hopefully move to the better

Your opinions helped me much

It looks good, just the change the table borders from Latest Codes, Latest Generators, and Latest Scripts

By the way: Why does my ass smell like shit? I just rubbed my hand through the crack of my ass, and i sniffed it, holy crap is smells bad

Man, programmers are weird...  (this includes myself)

• 9 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.