Help deciding what software to use

ethangj

Hi, I'm setting up an ecommerce store for an organization that will need to write records (for purchased membership, purchased event registration, etc) to a Filemaker 9 database

ideally it would be functional with drupal or joomla, with a very flexible layout and the easier to configure and train for the database, the better

what are my options?

Ahh I see.

I learned filemaker before I learned mysql, but when I was using it, I was using the filemaker interface itself. I've never tried to use the database with a php/html interface. Can it even be done?

Another possibility you could consider is importing the data to a different database. You should be able to do some kind of database dump with filemaker, you could then import it into mysql or postgresql or something.

PHP does have filemaker support, although I'm not sure of the specifics. A data dump would have to be automated to perform daily because the organization itself is going to keep using Filemaker, so that would be quite a hassle if it is possible to configure something with php itself.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.