[SOLVED] Nested Forms....

Alexhoward

Are you sure you mean "nested" forms where one form is inside another form? If you mean separate forms (as genericnumber1 suggests, then you just need separate forms). But, I have never heard of nested forms.

I did a quick test where a form was inside another form. I suppose you are expecting if the inner form is submitted that only the inner form data is sent. Whereas if the outer form is submitted then both forms' data is sent. But, my tests showed that all the data from both forms is always sent and in some cases some fields were not sent based upon the layout of the two forms.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here. More details please.

Hi Guys,

I didn't think it was possible....

Yes i mean "nested" (a form within a form)

The reason being that i have a booking form with a discount code input.

i wanted to be able to submit the discount code (if entered) and if it exsists to discount the total.

Then the final submit to send all the infomation to MySQL...

I just didn't want to use javascript, but i guess i should...

Thanks for your help

what you want : to submit the discount code only if one is submitted

what you need to do : check if user submitted a discount code on the next page, then do a simple

$discountcode = clean_data/trim/whatever($_REQUEST['discountcode']);

if its not empty, submit to database

Thanks for all our replies,

However,

as both buttons submit the entire form, but only submit the button name pressed,

I will run one querie is one button is pressed and another if teh other is pressed,

saving all teh inputs into sessions, and displaying them again in teh form if they are set.

This will work, as a work around, and that'll do

Thanks for your help!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.