display more topics?

Sorry if this is looking me right in the face but ive looked around and cannot find it. Is there anywhere to adjust the default number of topics displayed on a page?

At the moment, after stickies, Im getting about 14. I'de rather 40-50.

While Im at it... Is there anywhere to turn off this WYSIWYG editor?

Unfortunatly how many threads/posts are displayed on a page is controlled through the AdminCP. I would agree with having at least 50 threads a page.

What do you mean by the WYSIWYG editor? Its the same as IPBs where it just shows the BBCode, it doesnt parse the BBCode when you add you press a BBCode button. There is no control to turn this off.

Its cool. I figured out how to add the [i]quick reply[/i] text area at the bottom of each thread. I dont need all the buttons and stuff.

Shame about the thread / page. Any thoughts about having it increased to atleast 20 odd? I know some people have speed issues but with all the stickies, we just dont see enough threads.

I'm not going to disable quick reply... I actually meant to turn it on in the rest of the forums on IPB.  I just never got around to it.  I will also increase the topic count when I get a chance.

[quote author=ober link=topic=99196.msg391901#msg391901 date=1152103995]
Thanks Jay... that did the trick... and it changed something else I was trying to fix too :)
[/quote]
No problem.

Also aka wrote a mod to select the amount of topics to diplay.  It's [url=http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=380]here[/url].  It's still not approved though.

My mod is so bad it won't ever get approved. :P

Okay hopefully it will.

Yeah, basically the mod puts two settings in each user's profile where they can change away from the default number for how many topics they view per page on the message index and another setting for how many posts show up per page when inside a topic.

There are other handy mods you guys may want to try out as well, like group moderator, ignore boards, and Jay right here is working on a global announcement mod. Hope that was okay for me to say in public, Jay. :P

Group mod and ignore boards doesn't seem like something we'd use here.  And how is the global annoucement different from the annoucement under the user info?  I assume it just posts a sticky in every board?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.