2 replies to this topic

#1 linxx

linxx
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:56 PM

hi all

i am having this problem with the permissions when creating folders using a ftp connection on any of the 3-4 domains i am hosting i put some images or files eg file.html in the folder and the permission are chmod to 755, but when i go to example.com/folder_name it say forbbiden you dont have the permissions to access this folder where it should show a list of files in the directory.But i can view the images though by example.com/folder_name/image.gif just wont let view the content of the folder. THis is on fedora 4

thanks

#2 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

I dont think this is to do with CHMOD permisions, but most probably something wrong with your servers configuration not allowing you to see the file index of the folder you want to view

#3 Koobi

Koobi
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 419 posts
  • LocationColombo, Sri Lanka | South Asia

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:51 PM

yeah like wildteen88 suggested, i don't thinks its a chmod issue since your chmod is 0755

it might be to do with apache. you might have DirectoryListing disabled. so i'm guessing you already have an .htaccess file (if you're on *nix, you can confirm its existence by typing "ls -a" without the quotes in CLI)
edit this .htaccess and add this to it:
Options +Indexes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users