[SOLVED] how can I get to open a new page on a new window

oceans

Thank you,

I have to mention, I am sending a value from a "php" variable (processed) in this page the to next page. Thus do you think Javascript will help me port this value as well to next page if I use it.

Currently my pages works good, I just want the next page to be on its own with this ported value to be further worked on over there.

Thanks.

Thank you,

I have to mention, I am sending a value from a "php" variable (processed) in this page the to next page. Thus do you think Javascript will help me port this value as well to next page if I use it.

Currently my pages works good, I just want the next page to be on its own with this ported value to be further worked on over there.

Thanks.

Have you done any research?  Surely you have heard of the $_GET method, I mean you have a decent amount of posts...  You have to tack it onto the end of the URL.

$s = "hit";
?>
Google

I already know the next question...

You retrieve it on the next page by doing:

$ported_var = $_GET['var1'];

Maq,

You missunderstood me, presently I am using

header('location: View.php?ID='.$InputFromScreen[1]);

I placed this statement in a if condition, if somthing happens go there, if not stay in here.

yes I grab the value as you mention,

but this time I want the next page to open in a brand new window.

Please advise.

I tried this, not working, but I think I am close, can you assist.

the problem is getting javascript to send my php variable's value, if this is done, i am ok with your suggested java pop up

<?PHP

?>
		<script type="text/javascript">
		window.open("http://localhost/Product/View.php?ID="</script> <?PHP echo $InputFromScreen[1]); ?> <script type="text/javascript">);
		//header('location: View.php?ID='.$InputFromScreen[1]);

</script>
<?PHP
?>

I tried this, not working, but I think I am close, can you assist.

the problem is getting javascript to send my php variable's value, if this is done, i am ok with your suggested java pop up

<?PHP

?>
		<script type="text/javascript">
		window.open("http://localhost/Product/View.php?ID="</script> <?PHP echo $InputFromScreen[1]); ?> <script type="text/javascript">);
		//header('location: View.php?ID='.$InputFromScreen[1]);

</script>
<?PHP
?>

That code isn't valid.

Write it like you would write normal JS, and then go back and add the PHP part.  It will probably be easier that way.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.