Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fyorl

Basic Ajax Framework

I've written the basis of a short to tutorial demonstrating how to set up a basic ajax framework. It can be found [url=http://soul-scape.com/fyorl/basic-ajax-framework]here[/url]. I was considering posting it as a tutorial here but as it heavily relies on Javascript as well as PHP, I didn't know if I could. I would really like some feedback on improving the tutorial because I'm not sure if I explained it thoroughly enough. Also, it hasn't actually been tested yet but should work, and if people give it a go and give me some feedback, I'll make sure it does work...

Well we do have a sister site called ajaxfreaks.com but unforunatly its down. I am not sure when it will be backup. But when it is you'll be able to submit your Ajax tutorial over there.

Also about your tutorial I find it very hard to read the code in the tutorial with that black backgorund. I think you should consider using a lighter colour for the background for the code.

Well I've tried setting a lighter background colour for code blocks but it just makes the site look awful. *sigh* I'm useless with colour schemes...

Yeah.. sorry, Id'e have to agree. I cant read that at all and not just the code block, the whole thing. If you like the dark background (as do I) make the foreground brighter.

Well that's one of the most popular themes for WordPress. I hardly think it'd get popular if it was unreadable. Admittedly the code is difficult to read but the normal text outside the code blocks is fine unless you're using a stupidly low contrast or it's really bright where you're sitting...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.