#1 Fyorl

Fyorl
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:55 PM

I've written the basis of a short to tutorial demonstrating how to set up a basic ajax framework. It can be found here. I was considering posting it as a tutorial here but as it heavily relies on Javascript as well as PHP, I didn't know if I could. I would really like some feedback on improving the tutorial because I'm not sure if I explained it thoroughly enough. Also, it hasn't actually been tested yet but should work, and if people give it a go and give me some feedback, I'll make sure it does work...
[table]

Don't worry, the printer fairies will sort it out.

#2 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:01 PM

Well we do have a sister site called ajaxfreaks.com but unforunatly its down. I am not sure when it will be backup. But when it is you'll be able to submit your Ajax tutorial over there.

Also about your tutorial I find it very hard to read the code in the tutorial with that black backgorund. I think you should consider using a lighter colour for the background for the code.

#3 Fyorl

Fyorl
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:03 PM

Well I've tried setting a lighter background colour for code blocks but it just makes the site look awful. *sigh* I'm useless with colour schemes...
[table]

#4 trq

trq
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 31,041 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:27 PM

Yeah.. sorry, Id'e have to agree. I cant read that at all and not just the code block, the whole thing. If you like the dark background (as do I) make the foreground brighter.

#5 Fyorl

Fyorl
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:31 PM

Well that's one of the most popular themes for WordPress. I hardly think it'd get popular if it was unreadable. Admittedly the code is difficult to read but the normal text outside the code blocks is fine unless you're using a stupidly low contrast or it's really bright where you're sitting...
[table]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users