Can echo ID but not the variable

BadGoat

Hiya,

Working on a script to teach me how to echo variables, but it's not working correctly. I can echo the variable from the main table, but not the variable from another table which matches an id field in the main table.  I know I'm close, can someone let me know what I have missed?

Here's a snippet:

$car_id = $_GET['car_id'];

$query1 = "SELECT car_model.year, make.a_make, model.a_model, trim.a_trim FROM car_model, make, model, trim WHERE trim.trim_id = car_model.trim_id AND model.model_id = car_model.model_id AND make.make_id = car_model.make_id AND car_id = '$car_id'";
    $result1 = mysql_query($query1);
    $row1 = mysql_fetch_array($result1);

echo'

<table>

<tr>
    <td>'.$year.', '.$a_make.', '.$a_model.', '.$a_trim.'</td>
</tr>

I can echo the ID, so I know that I am only one fix away:

<tr>
    <td>'.$row1['year'].''.$row1['make'].''.$row1['model].''.$row1['trim'].'</td>
</tr>

Thanks in advance!

I'm clearly doing something wrong..

<tr>
    <td colspan="2" class="header2">';extract($row1('.$a_make.', '.$a_model.', '.$a_trim.'));  echo'</td>
</tr>

I get this error:

Fatal error: Function name must be a string

What did I do wrong?

Change your code from
[code]<?php
    $query1 = "SELECT car_model.year, make.a_make, model.a_model, trim.a_trim FROM car_model, make, model, trim WHERE trim.trim_id = car_model.trim_id AND model.model_id = car_model.model_id AND make.make_id = car_model.make_id AND car_id = '$car_id'";
    $row1 = mysql_fetch_array($result1);
?>[/code]

to

[code]<?php
    $row1 = mysql_fetch_assoc($result1);
    echo '<pre>' . print_r($row1,true) . '</pre>';
?>[/code]

Examine the output and you will see how PHP is storing the information. From that you should be able to deduce how to echo the variables.

Ken

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.