irinika.gr

T Horton

Don't capitalize your HTML tags!  XHTML Strict would spit out an error for every single HTML tag on that page.  Make them lowercase.  Also, I'm not too sure I like the text on the right in the banner.  If you insist on keeping it, however, it should be ειρηνική (note the accent).  =P  I speak Greek, obviously.

Btw, it looks like a nice piece of land.  How far away from Athens is Lesvos?

Cheers for your comments.

Capitalizing HTML tags is a bad habit of mine. lol. I do it all the time, but I will get this updated on the website.

I will have a think about the Greek text on the right. I thought that having something like that on there would make it a bit more authentic really.  :)

Thanks for your comments on the land too. Lesvos is in the north Aegean sea and is very close to Turkey. It is a lovely place. Have been going there for ages! A fair old distance from Athens! :)

Thanks again for your comments.

Tom

looks very clean.

the gallery is quick loading and pleasing to use.

I don't agree so much with the footer.. it's not at the bottom on my screen, and it's a bright blue gradient that stands out quite a bit.  perhaps make is similar to the nav in style or colors, or make it darker/lighter to make it stand out less.  perhaps try to push it to the bottom of the screen?

lastly, the last thing I noticed is the white text in the banner, specifically last, the left side name.  I don't know if you were trying to make it prominent, but first my eye sees the banner dead center.. then i see the content of Welcome ->  latest news -> photo gallery (right side, not nav) then i notice the nav.  Just so you get an idea of how the flow seems (to me)

Right, I have changed it all again. Just basic now. lol

My original thoughts were that if I used the colours from the Greek flag (the white and the blue) I thought that would be OK, but obviously it hasn't worked this time.

If it still doesn't look right after these changes, what would you recommend I do?

Thanks for your help so far!

Right, I have changed it all again. Just basic now. lol

My original thoughts were that if I used the colours from the Greek flag (the white and the blue) I thought that would be OK, but obviously it hasn't worked this time.

If it still doesn't look right after these changes, what would you recommend I do?

Thanks for your help so far!

I think the footer looks infinitely better without that gradient.  And personally, just IMO, the Greek flag looks horrid on websites.  Every time. xD  I think the site looks much better now.  You might want to move the text from the banner to somewhere else on the page though.

Now I'd say your next goal would be to validate XHTML 1.0 Strict.  Not too many changes need to be made.  It's not critical, but eventually it would be something that you should look into.  Also, instead of having the greek on the banner, I had an idea.  You could make a little box underneath the Photo Gallery box that displays a random Greek word. =P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.