firefox bookmarks *CLOSED*

zawadi

ok, a bit of a strang thing, but I want to upload my firefox bookmark to my website and then import them in to a database. but I dont know how to get the info out of the file, can any one help me?

This is an IE shortcut but i beleave firefox shortcuts are the same..

[DEFAULT]
BASEURL=http://www.ukchat.ws/
[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://www.ukchat.ws/

Basicaly if opened in bnotepad the above is what you see, If you ask in the regex forum i'm sure someone could help you parse this to get just the address and then only other thing u need is the files name which is what the bookmark show's as in firefox

Regards
Liam

you could use regular expressions to grab the anchors.

if the HTML file was valid XML, you could have used PHP 5's XML functions if you were using PHP 5 but unfortunately it's not valid XML.

i believe this expression would work, haven't tested it out...been out of touch with RegExp for quite some time but some of the members on this board are very good at it so hopefully they can help you out better if i'm wrong.
[code]
'|href="(.*)+"|im'
[/code]

you could use that in conjunction with preg_match() to grab the data you want into an array.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.