php and css in Interet Explorer

fixxxer

Hi,
on my site ive got a top menu bar built using css. it works fine in firefox but in IE i get a problem when i insert this line at the top of the page

<?php session_start(): ?>

when this line is there the drop down sections of the menu fail to work. Can anyone explain why this is so ive tried several things. Some one recommended i put it like this

<?php
session_start();
?>

but this still didn't work, is this a problem that anybody else has encountered.

if any one could help id be grateful

In your menu bar do you have any PHP variables like $name because if you also have a session called $_SESSION['name'] then $name will use that value.. I had this problem with a login script and confused me and alot of other people to hell and back! any values u use in PHP coding in your menu add a 1 at the end and see if that fixes the issue?

so $name would become $name1

Regards
Liam

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.