php learning

Sanjib Sinha

Almost no time as PHP is rooted in C.  If you have a grasp of C before taking PHP on it is a major help.  Knowledge of C++ would also be recommended so you can use classes to their full potential.  Your main difference will be taking advantage of all the new premade functions that PHP provides.

How long is a piece of string?

I'm sorry, but it's simply not possible for us to answer that question. It entirely depends on how much work you put in, you're ability, what you've done before etc.

Beyond saying that the syntax of PHP is similar to that of C and that will no doubt help you, we can't realistically answer your question.

How long is a piece of string?

I'm sorry, but it's simply not possible for us to answer that question. It entirely depends on how much work you put in, you're ability, what you've done before etc.

Beyond saying that the syntax of PHP is similar to that of C and that will no doubt help you, we can't realistically answer your question.

It also depends on how your mind works and your work ethic. There are alot of people on these forums that "Try" to learn php, but every little error they never try to debug/figure out on their own.

For me, I started HTML/JS at 13, by 15 I knew "PHP", by 17 I knew .NET SQL (C# VB), C++, Java and OOP Programming in all. I self taught my self everything by just looking at examples etc, then in College they tried to "teach" it to me but I knew more than the professors did at that point and it was just for me to get a degree.

So really it depends on how motivated you are, what you already know, and how your brain thinks. I can take someone elses code and figure out how it works, depending on the size, in less than a week. If I have questions I google it and eventually find the answer. I have always been one to find the answers myself cause then I remember it later down the line.

But as ginger said, it is impossible for else to tell you cause everyone is different. And if all you did in C was a little bit of Homework, chances are the learning curve for you will be pretty steep.

Took me about 2 days and I was a master - only kidding.

You never stop learning as projects will always throw something at you that requires R&D. Learning the basics from a good book and following a few tutorials wont take too much time and you should be able to knock up a dynamic website quite quickly.

You will learn from the projects you take on and the difficulties you run into, but I started on live projects after only a week of book learning, made a hell of a mess, but got them working (to a degree) and researched more into the areas I struggled with. On following projects I was able to improve these areas. You will then start to build up a library of code that you can use in most projects.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.