Check out my website

lassy

Hi Lassy..

I do like how simple the site is.. there are issues however..

You site does not validate.

I cannot say I am a fan of scrolling text (but that's just my opinion... others may or may not like it).

The top menu is right up against the edge of the site.. I would consider some css margin-left attribute to push the menu over a bit.

As far as the CV is concerned, I wouldn't give out details like your birthday, nationality and whatnot.. if you are using this site as a tool for searching for employment, this kind of info can secretly be discriminating against you. I find the font selection / formatting hard to understand.. in the sense that sections are somewhat confusing. You have some headings bold italic, others in light blue, etc.. I would consider unifying the look (use only one font colour.. perhaps all headings are bold italic, while everything else is left plain.. just to give it some more structure and anderstandability.

And I would also axe hobbies.. employers (again, assuming you are using this as a job hunting tool) are not interested in hobbies.. truth be told, even is your site is not geared towards job hunting, I would remove this (as well as the first point regarding your personal stats at the top of the page). And yeah, I wonder bout the 'Date' in the menu as well...

Under Works Done, for all the completed stuff, I would not hae the lettering [completed].. I would just provide the 'view' link.

This page also falls victim of a few too many coloured fonts. Think about unifying the entire site with one set of fonts (done in CSS) so that every page looks rather consistent. From page to page, the layout / structure varies wildly. As a result, no continuity. Notice again how you have the content right up against the edge? Much like the menu comment, I would push it out away from the edge.. give your stuff some room to breath so to speak.

You seem to have plenty of unused space on this works done page..perhaps lining up some nice thumbnail screenshots or soemthing? Too much empty space is a killer.

I recommend looking at some templates for some design ideas... look at how to unify the look and structure of your site (just google template websites.. you'll get plenty of links to choose from :) ).

Hope that helps.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.