how? php video's?

imhere2009

Hi guys

Im just wondering how you guys learnt php, books? video's? learned on your own?
if it was books or video's, which ones were they? or what other great methereds are they to learn php?
This would help me a great lot as im currently learning php.

Thanks
Steve

I learnt mainly from litle tutorials here and there, then trial and error and the biggest help is this forum as your not asking for a script u just place anywhere but for help in learning and understanding what you are doing. Which is the only way to learn properly.

Not read any books.. was going to get one can't remember name but when i had money it was gone :( seemed a really good book too when i skipped thru it.

Regards
Liam

I do them all i use books as refrences and also my best friend is the manual and google.

I also use forum and tutorals.

To get to greeps with all of it i like to ask quistions on here and also go through a interactive video what is cheep on ebay.

I want to point out a fact that learning php is a slow process as theres lots to learn and also a lot of addon programs so take your time we all crawl before walk lol.

And also the more you program the better you get the more you want to no.

good luck.

Two books I've used were:

[url=http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/item/books-978032124565/0321245652/PHP+for+the+World+Wide+Web+Visual+QuickStart+Guide+Visual+Qu?ref=Search+Books%3a+'visual+quicstart+php']Visual Quickstart Guide - PHP[/url]

and

[url=http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/item/books-978032133657/0321336577/Php+And+Mysql+For+Dynamic+Web+Sites+Visual+Quickpro+Guide?ref=Search+Books%3a+'visual+php+mysql']Visual QuickPro - PHP & MySQL for Dyamic Websites[/url]

And of course this forum has been my #1 resource since after reading those two books.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.