Code to echo link title on page?

linkjg

Hello,

This is my first post to the board and I'm a newbie with PHP!

I have a menu in navigation.php that is called in index.php by:

<?php include("navigation.php"); ?>

I have a spot on my index.php that I would like the name of the link to also appear on that corner of the page, like a page header.  So, if the "Home" link is selected, "Home" appears above the welcome article.

Is there a PHP method for placing the link name also on a specified corner of the index page?

Thanks for your help!

I guess it depends on how your layout is done.

When you want to add 'Home' to your header.  Do you mean you have a navigation bar at the top?  Or a bread crumb type trial?

Are you using a column type layout? 2-column or 3-column layout?

Hi Sharkbait,

I have a 2 column layout... header top, footer bottom, menu left, content right.

The menu has something like:

Home
Stuff 1
Stuff 2

I have a blank row over the content on the right which is blank. When a user clicks on the link "home", I'd like the text "home" to appear in the empty bar.

Thanks for your help!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.