How do you modify Filder Icons for all to see?

AdamH

Ok well before any of you say "Go download IconWizard" or "right click on the folder>properties>customize>folder icons>change icon>then pic the icon you want"

I'm not talking about that cause thats for ME i wanna know how i can modify a folder icon, ZIP the folder send it to a friend and have them see the Folder Icon change. Cause done thoes 2 ways does not work, it only allowes me to see the changes.

Also i have tryed this way, Placed the folder icon inside the main folder i was ZIPing, then went to the main folder changed the Icon and piced the Icon that was inside the Main Folder that i was changing, and ZIPed the folder hoping that now the folder icon was inside the main folder and also the place where i picked the icon for the main folder to change into. Saldy this did not work.

Help on this issue would be greatful, thanks!

Ok, in the picture below.

[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7808/folder6kr.jpg[/img]

Now you see how the "folder icon" is modified (changed) well ok lets say i "ZIPed" that folder, and sent it to a friend, he "unZIPs" the file, he gets the "DxWnd" folder but it looks like the first folder icon in the picture "The Normal Folder Icon" i want him to be able to extract the ZIPed file i send him and have him be able to see the "changed" folder icon, the one on the bottom.

This is not possible to do. As the folder information is stored on your computer. This information is not sent when you add the folder to a zip file or send this folder to someone else, as their computer wont have the icon file or folder information in order to change the folder to the on you have.

The only way to do this is for the person you send the folder to, will have to change the folder icon manually, however you will need to include the folder icon in the email too. Why do want do you want to do this?

I'm make alot of programs and alot of people d/l my programs mostly hacks and stuff for games and what not. I just wanted to be different. Am sure there is a way to do this if you some how make the ZIPed file call on the Icon thats inclueded with the file then change it, maybe i'll bring out the old C++ fingers and see if i cane come up with a run script that does the icon change.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.