What programming language was pong written in

s0c0

I would be talking about the first version that appeared being the arcade version in 1972 I think.  We were debating this at work, yes I know geeks, and 2 of us settled on assembly, but I can't find the answer using Google.  Do you know?

At the University of Utah he learned programming in Fortran en Gotran' date=' two of the earliest computer languages. Bushnell developed some simple computer games and during all the years at the university he regularly played Steve Russell's Spacewar on the university computer.[/quote']

It would seem that it's Fortran.

Actually...

The original Pong game was not written in any language.  It used no cpu or game code software at all.  It was made using pure physical electronics.  gate chips, timers, counter chips, ttl circuits, etc...

Yeah, it would appear so when looking at the topic on wikipedia.

I would be talking about the first version that appeared being the arcade version in 1972 I think.  We were debating this at work, yes I know geeks, and 2 of us settled on assembly, but I can't find the answer using Google.  Do you know?

I can't imagine coding anything any kind of length in asm.

Might be easier than physical electronics though lol.

Yeah well, back then, we weren't living in an ADHD rampant society like we are today, where people's attention spans rival that of a ferret on crack.  Also, computers were a lot less capable then than they are today.  What was uber l33t back in the day in terms of storage space, memory, processing power, is a drop in the bucket, compared to today's levels. 

Yeah well, back then, we weren't living in an ADHD rampant society like we are today, where people's attention spans rival that of a ferret on crack.  Also, computers were a lot less capable then than they are today.  What was uber l33t back in the day in terms of storage space, memory, processing power, is a drop in the bucket, compared to today's levels. 

Hrmmmm true.  I guess way back in the day, there weren't 249018249082 languages, and sometimes programs had to be as small/lightweight as possible.

And we're all just ferrets on crack now.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.