Tables for layout

RichardRotterdam

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow...that is the biggest waste of space i can think of...

domain name, $10/year

hosting, $5/month

time to build, 5 minutes

adding another pointless page to the internet, priceless

Who says they purchased hosting exclusively for that domain? I have six domains pointing to my VPS for instance.

wow...that is the biggest waste of space i can think of...

domain name, $10/year

hosting, $5/month

time to build, 5 minutes

adding another pointless page to the internet, priceless

Who says they purchased hosting exclusively for that domain? I have six domains pointing to my VPS for instance.

i know...but the master card commercials all have 3 or 4 things before priceless and i cant think very well...

You know what? Frack you.  I'll use a table layout if I want to.  I'm old school.  Hardcore.  What you gonna do about it?  I was coding before your dad Fracked some crackhead hooker and conceived your sorry ass.  You said 8-Track was dead, and you were wrong! Next thing you'll be telling me I should get rid of my beta tapes!  Kids these days.  Don't know nothin'.  Disrespectful little snots.  // shakes angry fist

And you know what, so is dynamic content generation.  All of you people who use php/perl/js/etc.. are lazy.  You guys claim it's the smarter, more efficient way to do things.  That's just a fancy way of saying you're lazy and don't want to put in the time and effort.  LAZY LAZY LAZY.  And then you turn around and whine about scripts being broken, or little 13 year olds cracking your site.  WOULDN'T HAPPEN IF YOU USED STATIC HTML.  People used to have respect for things set in stone.  Kids these days. 

And another thing, I'm tired of this whole website and even internet business as a whole, you youngsters keep going on about.  Using code to be lazy about making websites.  Using websites to be lazy about making businesses.  Back in my day, if people wanted to open a business, they bucked up and did by the sweat of their brow.  Now that was something to be proud of.  You kids these days are too lazy to open up a real shop.  How can I trust you to not be lazy about delivering what you'll claim to deliver; service, good product, backing it up?  You know what they called that back in my day? Stories.  Reading books.  Trying to pawn off stories and ideas like it's the real thing.  It's a sham!  Damn conmen trying to sell decent, hard working members of the community SNAKE OIL.  Someone needs to run you guys out of town!  String you varmints up! 

tables are meant for tabular data. If your layout is in tabular format then it is fine to use them for the layout. Otherwise you are wrong. Here are a few reasons why you should never use tables for layout:

1) Your pages are difficult, if not almost impossible, to read for screen readers and other alternate browsing methods.

2) There tends to be 2-3x more markup(more work for you, slower load times ect)

3)  It looks like crap

Those are just three of many reasons why you should never use tables for layouts.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.