Ubuntu -> FF3 -> Breaking websites

ILMV

My dev rig with Ubuntu 8.04 server and FF3 keeps breaking websites, very rarely will a site render correctly, and this goes for the site I am developing.

My main menu bar doesn't appear large enough to display all the links, therefore I can't see them! For reasons I will not go into, I will not go into I cannot modify the CSS, but I have used the webmaster toolbar to edit the HTML and add some inlince CSS to solve the problem.

My question is, is there a way of allowing me to make client side changes to the HTML, and for them to stick forever (i.e. not dissapear when i navigate to a new page).

Cheers :)

To be honest, I am not sure. This is a development rig if that's any help.

I have Gnome installed, the machine I work on it the office 'guinea pig'. make sure there is nothing in 8.04 that will destroy the universe.

I don't understand why I have these problems, I mean PHP freaks displays well, but lots of others don't render anywhere near like they should.

My question is, is there a way of allowing me to make client side changes to the HTML, and for them to stick forever (i.e. not dissapear when i navigate to a new page).

Cheers :)

You might be able to use the greasemonkey plugin for this however. It's adviseable to just fix your desktop environment(at least I think it's that)

post some links, I have a debian desktop, and server. I can look at them. The desktop has gnome installed, oh wait, it does not have the internet. My server was helped built, OS wise, by thorpe. Now it runs great, and only restarted it once to install a hard drive.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.