functions

GHW_Chronic

If I do this:

[quote]function OMFG($id)
{
  return $id + 1;
}[/quote]

and I don't use the OMFG function, will the php script still load the function?

See, I have 2 very large functions that I don't want to be loaded if the page is not using them because it would delay the page on load.

Surely you can break these functions up into smaller single action functions?  Any single function that is 1000 lines has gone beyond the scope of a function.  It sounds like you should be creating a class with methods in this case.

The functions are for 2 things. 1: pawn highlighting (smaller function) 2: amxmod to amxmodx auto-converter (which unless you know what pawn, amx, and amxx are, you don't know what I'm talking about). And the length of these functions is minimal.

And I'm just going to have to seperate these functions from the other functions in the include file. I didn't want to have to do this, but I guess I will if PHP is going to want to read these functions everytime the page loads.

If there is no way to break them up then why not just add an if case at the top of the page you want to use them on, but only sometimes, and not include the file on condition A.

So,
[code]
if (!isset($_POST['user_request']))
{
// just diplay the page with a form or something
} else {
include('a_really_big_function.php');
include('another_rbf.php');
// use them now, they were only loaded when needed
// print stuff out for the user
}
[/code]

again you missed the point. I ALWAYS want to include the first 4 functions in an included file. I only want the last 2 functions if they are used in a page. They are all in the same file. But I will just force myself to seperate the files into amxx_functions.php and amxx2_funcstions.php.

[End Topic]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.