Photo

PHP error Message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: how do i fix this error? Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "popmail.ensembletravel.ca" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in W:\Webs\ensembletravel.ca\eads\selec (0 member(s) have cast votes)

how do i fix this error? Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "popmail.ensembletravel.ca" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in W:\Webs\ensembletravel.ca\eads\selec

1. please help with code (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. how do i fix this error (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 newwithphp

newwithphp
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:11 PM

I am creating a contest form for various email addresses to use as a contest. this is the error message I get after the "Thank You" page comes up:

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "popmail.ensembletravel.ca" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in W:\Webs\ensembletravel.ca\eads\selectvacations\en\mailer.php on line 88

Should I add this code in the mailer.php?
ini_set("SMTP","localhost");
ini_set("smtp_port","25");

if so where do i put it and is that all i need to add?
Please help
Thanks

#2 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

Please do not post polls in this board.  This thread has no reason for having a poll and even if it did, we have a whole seperate board for polls.  I have locked voting on the poll.

As far as the question, unless you are administering the webserver and you know for a fact that you have a SMTP server running correctly, I suggest you contact your host about the mail issues.

Also, this is a border-line 3rd party question... this board is only for scripts you have written yourself.  I'll leave it for now, but just be careful in the future.

Info: PHP Manual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users