A comprehensive guide to pagination?

bobleny

I have been looking around for quite some time now to find a comprehensive guide on pagination. I’ve went through many guides and always get lost! So, if anyone knows the url to a complete, comprehensive, step by step guide to pagination, please, can I have the link? Alternatively, if you want, you could type up a short script that I could connect to a database and figure it out on my own.

Thanks!

there are 2 pagination tutorials on this very site!

http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials/73/0.php

what do you mean by 'comprehensive?' i have no idea what your level of php understanding is, so i think it would be easier for you to explain what part you don't understand, and we can help you from there.

Great thanks! Thats what I wanted! I just couldnt seem to find a guide that explaind the code step ny with a working example that was clear. Either they where worded funny and I didnt understand or it was just little tiny blocks of codes.

Anyways I understand it now.

Is there a way to do this without useing "GET['something']"? I don't like the ?something=1 at the end of the url.

i think he meant getting rid of the variables passing in the url overall, not just changing the name.

umm... well no, not really. well, i suppose you could like, make a form with only submit buttons and have it generate submit buttons instead of the pagination links, and do the post method in the form... i've never actually tried this myself, as i've been content with using the get method with paginations, but i don't see why doing it that way [i]wouldn't[/i] work..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.