After a year of scratching my head

funky tiger

To be fair the content seems fine, you just need a decent template to wrap it in. And that's a problem I have come across in the past, if I cannot create a template that will do my content justice, I will go online and find a free template and use that, www.styleshout.com has some fantastic examples.

The benefit there is that you can concentrate on getting the content / structure 100% perfect, and you can come back to the design later if you wanted to.

ILMV

The benefit there is that you can concentrate on getting the content / structure 100% perfect, and you can come back to the design later if you wanted to.

Even if you use php includes and the full potential of css, it is extremely difficult to change the design after the website is completed.

Even if you use php includes and the full potential of css, it is extremely difficult to change the design after the website is completed.

That's why the invented templating systems.

Thanks for all your input i am trying to validate my home page which i have brought down to just a few errors could anybody help me with which doc type i should use when using frontpage 2003 i don't know if i should use strict, transitional or frameset. many thanks

I was a bit surprised! It's very black to say the least.

As stated above, the page looks very crowded and kind of resembles those spam web sites from the early days. If you don't have the time, get a template as suggested above, preferably one with a bit of color and work your way from there. Hover affects on the links would be welcome, as it's easier to differentiate between sponsored links and your internal links, hence the 'spammy' feel.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.