SQL Error

PC Nerd

im using the following SQL to scource from a database(mysql)

[code]$User_SQL = "SELECT User_Name, `Password` FROM Table_1 WHERE User_Name = '$User_Name' ";[/code]

the User_Name is defined from a $_POST array, and i noticed that the page is sending the data like an GET statement, but i told the html to send it as POST.  then i define $User_Name from the Post array.  why is the data being sent like this, and how can i stop it.  im pretty sure that this is the problem but i dont know how to frix it

can anyone help me

P.S.
  i think this is the reason my problem continued after my last question. 

Can you show the html for the form please.

also....

are you defining

$User_Name = $_POST['User_Name']

if not then it would look like you are relying on register globals being ON and it is now defualt to OFF (the correct settng IMO).

you could try this.....

$User_SQL = "SELECT `User_Name`, `Password` FROM Table_1 WHERE User_Name = '" . $_POST['User_Name'] ."' ";
$User_SQL = mysql_query($User_SQL);

ok, the sorounding code to the sql definition is

[code]include("URL/inc files/Database link.inc");
                $User_Name = $_REQUEST['User_Name'];
$User_SQL = "SELECT User_Name, Password FROM Table_1 WHERE User_Name = '$User_Name' ";

$result = @mysql_query($User_SQL, $DB_Server);

if(!$result){
                        echo "Unable to perform query: $User_SQL<br>";
                        echo mysql_error();
                 }

$confirm = mysql_fetch_array($result);

if($confirm['User_Name'] == $_POST['User_Name'] and $confirm['Password'] == $_POST['Password']){
[/code]

And the login form is

[code]<h3>Player Login</h3>
<form action="B_A-Login.php" action="POST"> <p>Player Name: <input type=test name=User_Name></p>
<p>Password: <INPUT type=password name=Password</p>
<p><input type=submit value=send></p>
</form>
[/code]

if there is anything i have missed, let me know (the inc file is not posted because i am 99% sure the error is not ther although i am new and might be wrong  if you want it let me know)
Thanks PC NErd

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.