apache2.2, mysql5, php5 mod_auth_dbd with mysql5 driver conflict (recompile)?

Hi,

I'm attempting to find a way around a documented bug ( because I don't even know where to start about coding for apache to fix the bug.  The short is that when PHP and mod_dbd is compiled with mysql5 driver support, apache seg faults ( though when one or the other is disabled it works).http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=45995&edit=1 - is the bug location

Note: To get mod_dbd to work wiht mysql I need to compile everything from source so im compiling mysql, php, apache, apr, apr_utils

I'm thinking that if I was to compile mysql twice, once into my production directory to run - and one into a seperate location to use as a driver...  Then I compile PHP and mod_dbd each with the seperate copy of mysql driver... Then each one connects to the same mysql server ( mysql.sock in the /tmp dir)..... Do you think this might solve the conflict.

I understand that you guys probably cant give me a definative yes or no... Im just looking for a "it might work" before I look at spending a day recompilign everything from scratch again ( which took me about 7 hours last time with all the configuration options etc - yes im a linux noob but am learning fast).

thanks in advance for any and all helpPC_Nerd

Hmmm ok,

Is there anyone here ( and i might put this in the php freelancing section) who might know how to diagnose what is causing the conflict or how you might go about fixing it.    I know this is a separate question for freelancing and the php bug database community etc - but if anyone here knows where I might start looking that would be an enormous help ( or alternatively how I can use mysql database authentication with apache 2.2 with php and mysql5 on the save server - that would be great too).

Thanks,

PC_Nerd

Because of the nature of a segfault, you atleast know what's causing the problem.  One of the two modules is accessing memory that it shouldn't/can't access, and the OS doesn't like it (or the memory just doesn't make any sense in the program), so it's killing it.

It could be trying to over write read only memory, or access someone it shouldn't be, or some other things, but it's definitely memory related.

Since you have the sources to it, you could try to debug it.  It would probably become very cumbersome to debug an extension to a program though.  Never tried it to be honest.

If I had to take a wild guess at what's happening, I would think that one of the two modules is trying to get into the other module's stuff.  That would explain why they both work separately but not together.  Dunno where you could find it though, especially since both modules are probably fairly lengthy.

Hmmm ok,

Now Ill post this here - and let it sit....

Are there any php developers here that know if anyone is planning to fix this bug in the near future?

If not - are there any C developers out there that would be interested in giving me a quote to find the issue and fix it - because I really do want to have this module ( if not then I have to revert to writing a cron that dumps from database into the .htpasswd file etc).

Thanks for your help!

PC_Nerd

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.