What is your webdev New Year's Resolution?

nrg_alpha

Well, it's that time of year again where we start making New Year's resolutions. So my question to you guys / gals is:

What is your webdev resolution for '09?

As for me, I have two items on my agenda (one of which is currently underway).

1) To better understand SEO and its techniques, and thus implement some of them into the next upcoming version of my site, and

2) Since I am not very knowledgable in MySQL nor how PHP interacts with it, I want to learn that as well.

Cheers

That's easy. I want to become a PHP/MYSQL developer. I have a hell of a lot to learn to achieve my goal, but I am determined to do it. 

You've come to the right place then :)

Don't tell them that!  The next thing you know, they'll bring friends.

I think you're quite safe there - I don't have any friends.  ;)

That's easy. I want to become a PHP/MYSQL developer. I have a hell of a lot to learn to achieve my goal, but I am determined to do it. 

Don't tell them that!  The next thing you know, they'll bring friends.

I think you're quite safe there - I don't have any friends.  ;)

Hehe. :)

You definitely have!  I joined here August '08 during an internship for school, didn't really know anything about PHP (don't look up my old posts!) and learned more than I ever thought I could.  This is a great community that offers amazing help.

I just landed a full-time Software Development (Java) position so I won't be around as much (although you may see me on Sun's forum a lot).

So I guess my New Year's resolution is to do well at my job!  (Which should be my goal anyway...)

2) Since I am not very knowledgable in MySQL nor how PHP interacts with it, I want to learn that as well.

its friggin easy. if youve learnt .htaccess coding youll know what i mean, its about as "hard" as that

....for me my 2009 resolution is to FINALLY learn ajax......making me a full programming guru!

its friggin easy. if youve learnt .htaccess coding youll know what i mean, its about as "hard" as that

There is no such thing as .htaccess coding. It's just a configuration file.

Besides, learning about the syntax is the easy part. You need to learn about methodology and application design as well to be a good programmer.

There is no such thing as .htaccess coding. It's just a configuration file.

Besides, learning about the syntax is the easy part. You need to learn about methodology and application design as well to be a good programmer.

Not to mention database design and normalization, which I'm admittedly shaky with.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.