hacking Whitepages.com to show addresses by city or a database of whitepages?

randydg

Hi, Let me explain I need either a way to search whitepages to display addresses in a city but it wont allow me it wants a street name, I dont know the street name just the city. I dont want to search by a name cause its for my work, they dont want to buy anything to do this with and im stuck going up and down every address and saving the info into excel. If the above cant be done It would be nice to have a database with the information thats atleast somewhat current.

Any help would be very welcome. It is very tiring doing this by hand.

thanks,

Randy

The search sends info through HTTP.  For example I just searched Philadelphia

T is equal to the city.  I'm not sure what you're searching for but if you have a list then you could just loop through them, attach the relevant variables to the URL, and cURL the page or grab its contents.

Legal...?  That's no fun!

No, but it helps you stay in business if that matters :)

Very true...  Although you never receive punishment for the first offense, everyone knows that.  It was just us, "misinterpreting the rules".  Surely we'll never do it again.  :'(

@randydg:

Let us know what's route you want to take so we get this bad boy going, I'm kind of interested in this one.  ;D

Lets go with it. Here is an example:

I need every name phone and address for san augustine,tx

So when I search on whitepages.com it says street name required but I would like the results without a street name, just by city. If only whitepages would remove the requirement of street name I would beable to get what I need

thanks,

randy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.