Chrome not displaying CODE tags correctly

Hi,

When I go to new topic, anythign in my code tage becomes one long string, ignoring indenting and a 50 line entry becomes about 3 lines of unrecognisable rubish ( unindented code... urgh!).

When I moved over to firefox ( my usual browser), it worked fine again.  I noticed that someone else was having issues with IE8 beta (http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,228138.0.html), but it seemed slightly different since chrome isnt in beta... is it?

Thanks

being the idiot i am, I didnt actually check if it was beta:

Im running 1.0.154.36, which is not beta.....

Also, I understand that chtome uses the same rendering engine as safari, so are there any safari users that can let us know if their code tags display properly?

Thanks

Hmmm ok.... Ill try and screenshot* im using hte following code as a demo

<?phpif($condition) {   echo "String";}?>

ok.... that code being used, was directly copied across from notepad ( and notpad++ for testing).... and was using tabs as indents.  the php tags were on new lines, and the output looks like:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thats what im saying.  Even if ive manually entered it into this field ( like I just did now) - its stripping and/or ignoring newlines.  

how then can I post the newlines with code?

Thanks

*edit:  jsut reviewed the png, and thats a screenshot of "preview" on the code.  if you want Ill screenshot how i enter the code.

<?php
if($condition) {    echo "string";}?>

Ok, well I selected some code from here ( that displayed correctly) by using the select link and pasted it into a new field.  then placed code tags around it... pressed preview .. it worked.    Then I tried to write my own code... and It ented up like above

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.