Setting up my development server with WAMP, Zend, Smarty etc

marccrenshaw

I need some guidance and feel that this is the best place to get some assistance. Currrently I am using WAMP on a Window machine and I want to employ the following items into service.

[*]Zend Framework

[*]Smarty

[*]Scriptaculous

[*]Prototype

But I have never used any of these before. In the past I have used WAMP as a test server with HTML and PHP/MySQL and I want to move on to another level. I am just stuck and need help setting myself up.

My server is set at e:\wamp\www\zend

Zend is where I have the recommended index.php and .htaccess files (I picked this up from one forum response from this site) but I do not know how to adjust the php.ini file properly. Can I ask this and other questions as I move on? I have to go step by step and I admit I need help. I have read the install files from the applications but as with most learners I need to ask questions that are not in the book or on the sites I have found.

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.