Gaming website

fellixombc

It's pretty good. The colour scheme's not bad but I'd say a little too much blue. Layout is nice and clean though there are a few slight spacing issues, like for example on the left side content boxes there's a large padding at the bottom of each; but none at the top. In IE (8 BETA I'm using) in the main content area, text from the first block overlaps the next block. The images look a little amateur, especially the picture of a house. Also the footer text looks like you forgot about it.

There are a few things that could be done better as I've said, but on a positive note it's a really good start. Get more content up there!

A

It's pretty good. The colour scheme's not bad but I'd say a little too much blue. Layout is nice and clean though there are a few slight spacing issues, like for example on the left side content boxes there's a large padding at the bottom of each; but none at the top. In IE (8 BETA I'm using) in the main content area, text from the first block overlaps the next block. The images look a little amateur, especially the picture of a house. Also the footer text looks like you forgot about it.

There are a few things that could be done better as I've said, but on a positive note it's a really good start. Get more content up there!

A

I only tested  ie7 and I have 'correct' code, and yes, the house prob looks bad and the color scheme is too blue.

You should try to keep the main container intact.  For example when you click on any of the quick links it opens up a whole new page that looks nothing like the original.  Try to keep everything in the center.  That's just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the colors and layout. The only thing I would suggest in terms of changing the look of things would be to align the menu items to the left. (Keep 'Quick Links' centered... just the items themselves). Oh, and moving "Get Linked..." over to be aligned with the icons.

As for the code, I'd suggest breaking the header into 4 images (the left logo and the 3 icons) and changing the "Get Linked..." to actual text... then making the icons real links instead of an... image map? In regards to the menu, you could probably remove it entirely (or remove the links that are provided in the quick links section). This will move your content up in the source. Also, if possible, move the quick links section (in the code) below the content of the site (like the other two side items).

One other thing I noticed was the footer. Consider moving it inside the content box or styling it so it looks like it's supposed to be there. Other than that, you're moving in the right direction. I wish you the best of luck with your site!

Very nice except for the fact that the links in the menu are centered. I prefer them to be aligned left, take up less space. I would also shorten the width of the boxes that holds them, because it's unnecessary wasted space imo, and looks a little off. The icons at the top of the page: the house, key and letter are a little flat and could use some realism, but overall I'd say this is one of the better sites I've seen posted on phpfreaks. :)

Too many links in the nav section at top. Consider placing the login and register into a section box and position the box above the quick links. Move the legal and copyright to the bottom, in a footer. Add year to copyright. Place W3C icon in footer.

The quick links section is redundant. Remove or replace with relevant quick links (such as popular forum posts, or faq, or a neat tool). The other section is also redundant.

Users prefer regular caps rather than all caps for news titles.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.