[SOLVED] Colors in IE and Firefox

Darkmatter5

First off,

Please human population of the world STOP using IE.  It's terrible and has some of the most stupid quirks that any web app designer shouldn't have to program around.

Anyways, I have a site that has some divs to construct a status window.  All edges use an image file to make the border.  The inside part of the images are the color of the very middle div of the status window.  I used the EXACT color for the divs background color as I used for the images color.  In firefox the colors match, but IE the center div color is lighter then the color used in the images.  Any ideas?  I'm attaching 2 screenshots, first Firefox and second IE.

[attachment deleted by admin]

First off,

Please human population of the world STOP using IE.  It's terrible and has some of the most stupid quirks that any web app designer shouldn't have to program around.

Anyways, I have a site that has some divs to construct a status window.  All edges use an image file to make the border.  The inside part of the images are the color of the very middle div of the status window.  I used the EXACT color for the divs background color as I used for the images color.  In firefox the colors match, but IE the center div color is lighter then the color used in the images.  Any ideas?  I'm attaching 2 screenshots, first Firefox and second IE.

Hmm I had a problem like this when I was building my website.... If I remember correctly you need to make an IE hack.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.