Teen community

TEENFRONT

Wow, the site looks great.

Just a few things:
- Need some sort of rolloever on the navigation
- "latest games" doesn't work

You should try making a skin for your forums to make it a little more like your site.

Other then that I like it a lot.

-Chris

Just a quick thing before I sleep; the site takes a long time to load fully with all the images, and you should really look into using more CSS. And get rid of all those <font> tags; replace them with classed <span>s, as well as getting rid of all the inline styles and replacing them with an external stylesheet.

Echo the previous comments.

Have a a:hover for your menus.
Skin your forums and boards -> currently the colours are totally different.

It looks good tho. There are a few links not working. After doing a Poll -> I am brought to an empty news page.

Rgds,
Steve

Hey, thanks for the comments,

Most of the errors are now fixed, just my luck, as i posted the link for you guys to check out, the host guys migrated , me onto a faster server so some pages were not working. The latest games page now works :-). Il have to check out the poll, unsure whtas wrong with that lol.

The site should loads faster now, iv cut the images down on the first page by a few.

As regards to a skin, yeah i know. Iv added a pre built one from vb, looks a little better and matches a little more.

All the images take a long time to load on my computer, even though I have a fast connection.

Looks good, but I really dislike the bright green "newly added" or whatever next to the links. It looks randomly there, and ew.

iv got a mixed response from the *new* green text lol, some people like it coz it sticks out and its worked becuz the hits to those pages have risen. so its swings n roundabouts .

Images shouldnt take that long to loads, fair enough theres a few heavy ones i suppose, il look at reducing some of them for faster loading :)

[quote author=TEENFRONT link=topic=99858.msg398974#msg398974 date=1153179375]
iv got a mixed response from the *new* green text lol, some people like it coz it sticks out and its worked becuz the hits to those pages have risen. so its swings n roundabouts .

Images shouldnt take that long to loads, fair enough theres a few heavy ones i suppose, il look at reducing some of them for faster loading :)
[/quote]

It's not that there are a few heavy ones, its that your layout is image sliced into a million itsy bitsy pieces. ;)

DITCH THE GREEN TEXT! You could put little » marks in front of the new stuff. Subtle, but still indicates something new...

yeah but once its loaded , its sorted. If i had blocks of pics as one, it would take longer to load anyways.

And at the end of the day most of the visitors come for the content of my site and and dont mind a slower first load.

Im gunna fight you all on the green text lol.

Im looking for any help with the site BTW, if your into movies music or games id love to have you submit some reviews for me and be on our reviews team. Im really lacking a gaming person, so if theres anyone out there who likes gaming, let me know and we can chat about you helping out with teenfront :-)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.