AJ SQUARE auction script

kevbev16

i just wanted to warn you about buying from AJ square.

AJ squares' auction software is the worst php script I have ever bought. AJ squares website looks very professional and the demos are fantastic but when you buy the package for 299 euros you are not given, any php files thus you basically can't edit anything on the site. Nearly all the features it states as having do not function properly. I have spent a year trying to solve the problems with their, "customer support", which I can categorically say is the most ineffective waste of time. They have managed to solve hardly any problems. As the site does not actually function properly and you do not have any php files, you cannot try and solve the problems thus the website is obsolete. You will have to pay an extra 1999 euros to actually get the, "open source code", which is basically the wrong name for decrypted files. The problems that you face when buying this, "enterprise package" for just under 2000 euros. Firstly, the bidding system does not work properly; for the price of 1999 euros, you would expect it to have a proxy bidding system. The search engine does not work. It does not recognised when an auction has ended thus bidding can still occur after an item has expired. The payment system from user to user does not function. It will not recognised if someone has paid. The whole format of a, “Dutch auction” does not work. The number of errors is endless. The php script itself is appallingly written and I have had several developers look at it, and they all commented about how unprofessionally written it was. I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE LOOKING TO BUY THIS SCRIPT, PLEASE DON'T! I have been completely ripped off and after asking for a refund they were extremely rude, which was the contrast of their friendly behaviour before I gave them the money. BEWARE, STAY AWAY FROM ANY AJ SQUARE PRODUCTS, despite how professional they may look on the demos. IF you want to test the validity of the company, try calling their, "American headquarters" and prepare to get forwarded to an Indian office, which is where they actually operate.

No at the beginning i purchased for 299 euros the version which included, "non- open source code", which i now realise means the files were encrypted. so at that time i had NO php files. the software included so many problems the list of features that did not function were far more than those that actually worked. i tried getting these problems solved with their technical support but it was like hitting my head against a brick wall. after 6 months or so of talking to them trying to get the problem solved i realised i had 2 options; either scrap the script and cut my loses or buy the, "enterprise version" for 1999 euros and try to get the problems fixed myself. once i had paid this, i realised that the reason why they could never solve my problems was becuase the php coding was awful and it includes no programming for the features i talked about in the previous post. they then basically said they knew how to solve the problems but they wanted more money as it was classed as customization. so in answer to your question, at one point the files were encrypted and then when i paid for the enterprise package they become de-crytped, and now i am left with a useless script. i hope that clears things up.

kevin

okay so you spent 300 euros on a script, had a ton of problems with nothing working, got no support,  and decided your best option was to give them 2000 more euros just to see the source code?  Did I read that right?

That was my first reaction too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I 100% agree with Kevbev16, after 7 days of solid research on AJ Square Web 2.0 Auction Software, chatting with them over 100 times, I came to realize that they are the dodgiest Indian software developer in India.

Kevbev16 is right, they did want 1999 Euros for the Enterprise version, on their price page http://ajsquare.com/products/auction/price.php?auc=10 but since then they have changed the page and made it 1499 Euros. I recently contacted them for an invoice on the Web 2.0 Enterprise version software because it was the best looking one to which they quoted me 1999 Euros. I said how come? when your price page says the Enterprise version is 1499, to which they replied "yes that is true but for the OOPD version software" and that the price page has not been updated yet, 14 days later it still had not been updated to include a separate section for the Web 2.0 version.

I came to find they were hiding many costs that didn't seem right to me. First off I found out they wanted 150 euros... to "incorporate" an SSL certificate into the software, which should be a must for all auctions. I remember paying US$250 for CS-CART shopping cart (perhaps the greatest PHP shopping cart next to X-CART) which automatically detected that I'd installed the SSL on my server. When I asked AJ Square about this they said "even if you install the SSL yourself it would not be incorporated (unless we dip our dirty little fingers in it for 150 euros that is)". This should come standard, especially if you're paying these insane prices.

Then they said that admin source code costs 500 euros, and does not come with the Enterprise Version. This is probably so you wouldn't instantly crap yourself when you took a decent look at it.

An extra customization (for just 2 links to sort by Price and Time Ending) would cost a further 250 euros... it's getting rather pathetic now because almost every decent auction software has this as standard, even the bad ones.

I also noticed the Web 2.0 thumbnails of the items on the demo homepage were horizontally stretched and not to ratio.

When selling an item, within the description, if you choose to format the text or add a link the source code would come up on the item description instead of being formatted properly. They said this is for security reasons on their end.... whatever... to which I replied so can I see a real demo if I'm going to put up so much money? To which they replied "well, we can email you a link to an exclusive demo". I was finally happy I'd get to test out their final product. 3 days later and asking for it many times I still hadn't received the link to the exclusive demo. They always seemed keen to push the invoices and further ridiculously priced customizations.

I found it pretty unsettling every time I came back that every single "support person" knew I had received an invoice and was asking me about the customizations I'd inquired about 4 or so days ago.

I would have to say they have thought it out pretty well, even down to the colors when you're chatting [yours is green = smart] and [theirs is red = action]. These are not stupid people, they know how to rip people off and bleed them for everything they've got.

I believe that the so called full version which is not actually full (perhaps full of bugs) is made to bleed you dry with their incompetence. They call it the enterprise version probably because you'd have to be a huge enterprise to be able to afford all their hidden fees and fix their bugs. Probably if you threw 30,000 euros at them they'd probably tell you it's all your fault as it is stated in:

THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS (SECTION 6) *** http://www.ajsquare.com/company/terms.php?co=ter ***

And I quote - "Should the Program prove defective, you and not AJ SQUARE INC assume the entire risk of using the program and the entire cost of any service and repair."

They also have NO RETURN POLICY whatsoever.

After typing into Google "don't buy from AJ Square", this is the first forum that came up and confirmed my beliefs. My beliefs were confirmed when I contacted them and asked them what they thought of this forum. In 10 seconds they replied it is not true and that Jonny_bb is telling the truth.

So does anyone know WHY THERE ARE SUCH FEW NEGATIVE REVIEWS AND FEEDBACK about AJ SQUARE? Their Terms & Conditions Tell you why. All you have to do is read paragraphs 2(a) and 2©.

In short, if any of their users post negative "reviews, ratings, comments, articles on or within any web sites, newsgroups, chat rooms, e-mail messages, newsletters, newspapers, magazines, or any other media of any kind, whether printed, electronic, or other formats either now known or hereafter developed" then they breach the terms of the Licence Agreement and the consequences of such breach are as follows:

"This LA (Licence Agreement) will terminate automatically if you breach any provision of it. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the “Software Product”, and all of its component parts and cease all further use of it. You agree that AJ SQUARE INC has the right to use any and all means necessary to enforce its rights if you are in material breach of this agreement, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE RIGHT TO REPOSSESS THE SOFTWARE ELECTRONICALLY BY DISABLING IT REMOTELY OVER THE INTERNET, AND THAT TERMINATION WILL NOT ENTITLE YOU TO A REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OR ANY OTHER AMOUNTS PAID UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER."

So basically once you post NEGATIVE FEEDBACK OR REVIEW about them, they can disable your software and you're out of pocket minimum 1999 euro.

DON'T BUY FROM AJ SQUARE - SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME & SAVE YOUR BUSINESS FROM A POTENTIAL DISASTER. TOO MANY RISKS.

If anyone would like to comment on my reply, please don't base your comment just on the appearance of their website. Research thoroughly their terms and conditions, hidden costs and communication styles in each specified within all sections of the page including the AUCTION SOFTWARE, CLASSIFIEDS SOFTWARE, DATING SOFTWARE, ECOMMERCE SOFTWARE, ARTICLE SOFTWARE, HYIP & MATRIX / MLM SOFTWARE...

ohh and also please check the URL BELOW that i also discovered (PLEASE REMOVE THE SPACES)

w w w . a j s q u a r e - f u c k i n g - b a s t e d . c o m

- This poor guy went to the trouble of buying an appealing domain name as well as translating in SPANISH.