Acessability , look & Feel

shank888

There isn't much to comment on, as it is pre-alpha, with nothing much functional (what appears to be footer links are not...)

- Your site does not validate. It's always best practice to ensure your code is valid.

- There is no tabular data here.. I would avoid using tables for layout purposes. Best to make it all CSS driven from a separate external stylehseet that is easy to maintain / update which would propogate site wide [assuming all pages shared the same structured template with identical ids and classes].

- Within the forum, you have all your text butting up against the edges.. I would add some CSS padding to give your text 'more room to breath' (this comment can be extended to the top menu as well).

Also, I am noticing in the root of forums, you have text getting clipped in the 'Last Post' column in the Beta Testiing section... If you are using fixed heights, my recommendation is not to... let the content comfortably dictate the height.. so that everyone can read it all without text-clippage.

- The login fields within the Register & login screen suffer the same problem (only vertically this time.. again, some top and bottom CSS padding to give some space. Looks too cramped as it is.

Hi

* The design is ok...

* But it is way to small on the vertical, at some content or something.

* Like nrg said, make it validate

* Is there any reason to combine register and login as one link? Keep them seperate but pointing to the same page.

* The font size of the section headers is smaller than some of the content, it is also when scanning the page difficult to lock onto these points, consider making them more vibrant (either larger font, or bold or something).

* finally, consider using a favicon.

ILMV

There needs to be a better contrast in color (background vs. content) to make your info stand out a bit better. As seen in IE 7 the background is white.

The header banner doesn't jump out very well. Consider moving the text closer to the center and/or adding an icon.

Separate the register and login to display on different pages. Align the error message(s) closer to the center and change font color to red. With this many fields you might consider some client side validation.

Enforce username, first name, and last name to have more than 5 and less than 15 characters. Make these alphanumeric or allow some other special characters.

Question: Is there a way to restrict the day select when some months have less than 31 days? Or maybe have a server side script do the check?

The year should be a select box rather than allowing the user to enter their own. The year 1111 allowed a successful registration.

Enforce the password to be at least 8 characters, alphanumeric, case sensitive, and allow only certain non-alphanumeric characters.

After correctly registering and logging in the user is taken to an intermediate page then after a brief moment taken to the home page. Skip the intermediate page. Once back at the home page there is no sign that I am actively logged in except the "logout" text in the navigation bar and the very small (and hard to see) note in the footer. Can you add to the log in header something that shows the user is logged in. Sort of like done in this forum where the user is shown at the top like "Hello Chicken Little".

I was unable to load a picture in the profile section.

After logging out skip the intermediate page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.